Monday, November 10, 2008

The Wurst Saturday

Saturday was a big day for the Musslewhite family! It was Lane’s six month birthday and we went to Wurst Fest. Ok, we didn’t go to celebrate Lane’s special day, we went because Clint was asked to MC the Wurst ride, a 100K bike ride that went from Austin to New Braunfels.
We had to be at the location where the ride began by 6:30 am. It was freezing!! Clint set up all the sound and got the ride started. I didn’t know what to expect, but there were tons of people there! Once all the riders got on the road we loaded everything up to get to New Braunfels, where the ride ended. We got there about 11:30 and the first of the cyclists were there not too much later. Those people were really fast!
Clint’s job during the day was to make announcements and do giveaways. It was pretty relaxed so he got to hang out with us all day long. At one point Lane decided he wanted to help. I think Clint needs to work with him on his mic placement, it looks like it was a little too close to his mouth if you ask me.
We all had a delicious lunch. I had a sausage dog with the best sauerkraut I have ever eaten, Clint had a bratwurst, and Lane had an amazing bottle!
Lane got to meet some of the Opas from Wurstfest. They came over to say hi. Lane loved their red vests and all of their pins and buttons.
We all had a great day. At 5 pm we packed up to go home. I think Lane slept maybe a total of an hour all day long. He didn't want to miss out on a thing! You can see how tired he looks in his picture with me. Thanks Wurst ride, we all had a great day!





No comments: