Our sweet baby boy turned 1 on Friday! I was so excited to start his day with "Happy Birthday" I actually recorded myself walking into his room singing Happy Birthday. Trust me, you do not want to her me sing, in fact I don't even want to hear myself sing. So, to record myself singing tells you I was excited! And no, I'm not posting the video on my blog, so don't even ask!
We began our day with a trip to the Doctor. We went for Lane's one year check up and three shots. He's never had any problems getting shots or feeling badly after them so I didn't think twice about the appt.
While we were there we found:Lane is 25 lbs. 15.5 ounces. He is in the 90%tile for his weight
He is 31 1/2 inches tall. Which is the 90-95%tile.
And, of course his head size is also in the 95%tile. I guess that's why he's so smart.
We also discovered that Lane has an ear infection!!! Poor guy. The only good news about the ear infection was that I was able to delay his shots two weeks. We'll go back to get his ears checked and get the shots. Besides that we had a good visit with Dr. C! Lane loves playing with the bead thing in the waiting room, I know it's has a name, but I can't think of it.
After our appt. we went to get balloons for Lane's party! He gets a balloon at the grocery store when we go (which is more frequently than I would like) but he's never seen more that one balloon at a time. He had a great time batting all the balloons on our drive home.
Clint had to work Friday night so the only logical place to have the party was at the ballpark. Both of our families came in for Lane's big party, so we got to have our families and some friends help celebrate Lane's big day.
Spike, the Mascot, came up to see the birthday boy. This picture looks a little awkward, but Lane loved him. I always point out Spike when he is out on the field, and Lane always smiles and watches him. I didn't know how Lane would react up close, but my Mom held Lane towards Spike and Lane immediately leaned in and gave him a kiss.
Before the cake, Lane had fun mingling with his guests. He had a great time playing with his Grandfather's baseball cap.
He traded in the ball cap for his birthday hat and was ready to go...
I made Lane a sugar free cake, and I think he enjoyed the sugary icing a bit more than the cake. It was so fun to watch him try to figure out what to do with his cake. He's never seen anything near that big on his high chair tray! At first he put his hands on it and patted it, then he leaned it and try to take a bite out of it, and then finally he got into it. 


Lane got lots of special attention from his birthday guests. I was able to get pictures of some of the people that came to celebrate Lane.



To no one's surprise, Lane was covered in icing.
He had a great time!I had two fabulous assistants help me give Lane a spit bath in the sink.
And, he got to dry off using one of his birthday presents. A new big hooded towel Lane got for us to use at the pool this summer.
Once dry he went out to enjoy the fireworks.
Lane was so worn out from all the excitement of the day. He never, or very rarely, falls asleep when he is out and about but he could not keep his eyes open. Auntie Sarah carried him in from the car.
And we couldn't pass up a cute picture opportunity with our sleepy One Year Old.
Saturday we spent the morning with my family and Clint. We went to lunch at one of Clint's favorite Restaurants, Fire Bowl in RR, and they had free lunch for Moms so my Mom and I got to eat for free!!! Wasn't that nice!
And, he got to dry off using one of his birthday presents. A new big hooded towel Lane got for us to use at the pool this summer.
Once dry he went out to enjoy the fireworks.
Lane was so worn out from all the excitement of the day. He never, or very rarely, falls asleep when he is out and about but he could not keep his eyes open. Auntie Sarah carried him in from the car.
And we couldn't pass up a cute picture opportunity with our sleepy One Year Old.
Saturday we spent the morning with my family and Clint. We went to lunch at one of Clint's favorite Restaurants, Fire Bowl in RR, and they had free lunch for Moms so my Mom and I got to eat for free!!! Wasn't that nice!
We took Clint to work and spent the afternoon running around. We had a great time together.
I also learned that my son is a major flirt! Just this weekend he started doing this to get attention.We decided that we think he thinks the blinking is like winking. Any way you look at it, it's hilarious! 

When we got home the girls got dinner together while Grampy and Lane took a ride in his fire engine.
At the game my Dad insisted that Lane get an ice water. Lane loves to drink water out of a cup and then suck on the ice. 
Lane loved having multiple people with us to visit with during the game. Poor guy, back to just the two of us at the game tomorrow!** Stay tuned for more of Lane's birthday weekend to come. Clint made an incredible video of Lane's first year and Lane was dedicated at Church on Sunday. For now I'll let you go since I'm sure this is the longest blog post ever! **

1 comment:
Happy birthday Lane, it looks like you had a great day. Steph, I love his giant cupcake. Hope you had a wonderful mother's day!
Post a Comment